Thursday, September 13, 2007

two for flinching

i had my infusion yesterday. fun stuff, i know...especially since i hate needles. but i've discovered that my aversion to needles has greatly weakened given that my skin is exposed to them quite frequently now. but i still can't watch...and i don't relax until the first aid tape is securely fastened and the needle has no chance in hell of moving--hmm, i just realized i have an odd liking for the smell of the alcohol pads. i don't know. whatever.

anyway, since the season to get sick is quickly coming upon us, my doctor advised that i get a pneumonia shot. ok, that's fine, another needle, i can handle it (is that a run-on sentence? at least i can spell, right?). well, i get the shot and i am forewarned that i may experience symptoms of pneumonia and the area where the vaccine was injected will feel like someone punched me. i usually don't feel the side-effects, so i thought nothing of it.

never underestimate the pneumonia shot. my arm is so sore, i can barely lift it over my head. i'm nauseous and have required 10+ hours of sleep for the past two days. i'm whimpering like a baby every time i have to move my right arm. i get home and immediately crawl into bed. all i want is sleep. hopefully this will go away soon, 'cause having a bout of the pukes while you're running on the elliptical machine is not attractive.

and i get to look forward to the flu shot on my next visit. yay. but at least i'm being looked out for.

No comments: