Friday, August 24, 2007

you're late!

it's friday night and i'm sitting here watching the fellowship of the ring on TNT for the zillionth time. i don't know what it is about this movie--when i mention it's one of my favorites, most people roll their eyes and tell me just how excruciatingly boring they felt it was, going on and on and on about how it's just scenery and walking and i sit there and wonder if they paid attention to the premise because a journey to mount doom would require a lot of walking and, i assume, scenery--but every time it's on TV, i watch it (even though i own the super-deluxe nerd edition complete with argonath bookends).

now, there are a lot of movies i haven't seen. in fact, i own movies that have yet to touch my DVD player. but i'm not as bad as my sister. she hasn't even seen the star wars movies--i'm talking about the original three. my dislike for hayden christiansen's acting far outweighs my love for ewan macgregor for me to even enjoy the newer trilogy.

anyway. a few examples of movies i have no excuse for not seeing yet:

a bande apart
the good, the bad and the ugly
dr. strangelove
close encounters of the third kind
dog day afternoon
five easy pieces
mr. smith goes to washington
chinatown



fotr
is distracting me. "this is the furthest i've been away from home." aww.

UPDATE: i've seen dog day afternoon. that is all 07/12/09

No comments: